Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: A-List

Monday, April 19, 2010

A-List

I have a new idea... I am going to change my name to Optimus Prime. Ok, seriously. I want to hear from you my darlings. Let's do some alphabet brain storming on words that inspire you to the max. We will start with the letter A. I have come up with some of my own.

Aquatica
Adventurer
Arizona Under the Sun

Way cool book and I own it! Oh you want to know why it is so cool? You have to read it when you are sitting in a private courtyard at the Arizona Inn in Tucson on one of those lounge chairs with bright yellow cushions.  It also has to be about 110 degrees outside.  This book is great because of it's stories of gold diggers in the Superstitions, how to enjoy a rodeo, how to live in an inferno rare, medium or well done. 

Adidas

Amethyste

Alexander McQueen

Alexander Wang

Alice and Trixie and Amber Sun

Architecture

Acropolis, Athens, Greece

Colorplate 6, View from the east, Parthenon, Acropolis, Athens. c. 447-438 B.C., Architecture from Prehistory to Post-Modernism

Arkansas - Shout outs to Paul, Laurie and Doc!

Audrey Hepburn

Audrey Hepburn, A Privilaged Life, Susanna Salk

Abby Aldrich Rockefeller

Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, The Woman in the Family, Bernice Kert

Abby continues to inspire me because of her rich and full life being the wife of Junior John D. Rockefeller.  She was a handsome beauty and the one to watch in the family.  She was an incredible mother, wife and founded the MOMA in New York.  I love how she was obsessed with modern art and Junior dispised it. 


Abigail Adams


















This book was a sleeper but I still get inspired by Abigail. I love her cozy little house that I visited with Janny in Boston. Abigail kept the home fires burning while her husband was out winning independence from England.   The kitchen was incredible in that little house, just one huge hearth with big cast iron pronges to move hot pots in and out of the fire.  I visited the family estate that they later built in Braintree, now Quincy as well. It was Abigail's idea to do an addition to the home.  She was the mother of John Quincy Adams and wife of John Adams, need I say more?

Angle de la rue Lhomond et del la rue Rataud

Angle de la rue Lhomond et del la rue Rataud, 1913, Atget Paris, Page 350

I want to be in this photo. I want to be all black and white while I am here too. Perfect for a photo shoot or just eating a warm chocolate croissant with a street urchin playing a harmonica.
Art Deco

Arts and Crafts

AT&T Building

America's Taco Shop, Phoenix, Arizona, Best bean burrito in the universe!

Aurora - My favorite Disney princess.

Andalusian - Amazing Santa Barbara architectural style to find in Montecito, California.

Annie Hall

Armstrong, Louis


Agnese Udinotti
Agnese Udinotti, Metal Sculpture

Arcosanti

Arcosanti bell, photo by Lara

This bell that was made at Arcosanti. This bell lives in my front courtyard. Sounds awesome when it gets windy. Notice how I used AWESOME!

Abitare - Cool Italian magazine I used to subscribe to. I have every issue of 1996. Chock full of architecture, tiny sexy kitchens and bright red uncomfortable couches.

Ansel Adams

Atget, Eugene
Eugene Atget, Boulevard de Strasbourg, Corsets, 1912

Ansel Adams wrote photographic reviews about French photographer Eugene Atget. This photo is Atget's "Boulevard de Strasbourg, Corsets, 1912."
This photo is full of inspiration. Imagine Abby and I shopping together for corsets. As we are paying for our constricted Victorian undergarments, the shop keeper is placing the corsets in light pastel pink boxes with lots of tissue paper. Are you with me here? I tell Abby that she can have tea with me at my estate in Goodyear when she comes out to Arizona.


What inspires you that starts with an A?

4 comments:

Devon said...

you've got me on "A" over load! I can't even think of anything with an "A"!! :) Perhaps maybe APPRECIATION... (hope you didn't already use that one!)

Sam Harvey said...

admire

Sherrie said...

A-List addtion, 'ATTITUDE' - Sam Harvey's Metallic Clutch Bag

Sam Harvey said...

alice in wonderland