Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: King Friday is Wearing Swim Trunks and Fake Bake Tan

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

King Friday is Wearing Swim Trunks and Fake Bake Tan


I should be watching LOST right now but alas, there is blog left in me.  I cannot sleep until I tell you about King Friday and how he will let me sell my blue clutches in his magical kingdom.  See lovely Carlena, she works at W Scottsdale. Yes, you guessed it, Scottsdale Arizona.  She and I initially met when I first went to Bliss Spa about 2 months ago.  Carlena had told me then straight up that I needed something sexy and edgy in my SAM HARVEY collection.  After months of riding Trolley around the kingdom and buying blue metallic vinyl, securing the right shiny brass zippers and changing the snap to a magnet, I finalized the clutch. 


Yes, for those of you who are new, I designed and made these clutches with my own hands and mind.  I thank Sherrie at H&R fabrics for picking out the metallic vinyls. Without Sherrie, I would still be using vinyl like in the booths at Arbies late at night eating one of those hoagies.  I love you Sherrie!  I thank Jeffrey too for simplifying the construction.  Without him, I would probably come up with a new idea.  I cannot count how many times I have said, "Hey Jeffrey, I have an idea!".  He helped me see this through to completion.



I am wearing my miliary inspired pencil skirt and knit top that I designed and made. Carlena looks so smashing wtih her blue clutch and the blue gemstone necklace.  Doesn't the W Scottsdale ROCK!  Couldn't you see King Friday wearing swim trunks and fake bake tan coming down the stairway? Trolley could be on a track delivering my clutches to this boutique?  There could be Trolley track everywhere, in the bar, in the restroom, at the sushi counter with my blue clutch taking a ride.  The clutch could be called Clutchy and talk to the guests. 


Is it just me, or did Trolley seem to be pissed off at everybody all the time.  My Old Skool is showing. I can't help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only you...Okay maybe I would too, but only you would post a Mr. Rogers clip and somehow tie that to handbags and fashion. You Rock!

Tracy

Unknown said...

Your so awesome!!