Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: DANGER STEPS ARE STEEP & SLIPPERY

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DANGER STEPS ARE STEEP & SLIPPERY


Me looking at View Textile is like Charlie hanging on to his chocolate bar...

Then at last, when he could not stand it no longer, he would peel back a tiny bit of the paper wrapping at one corner to expose a tiny bit of chocolate, and then would take a tiny nibble - just enough to allow the lovely sweet taste to spread out slowly over his tongue. The next day, he would take another tiny nibble, and so on, and so on.  - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl


The color palette above with the stenciling is pure magic. Like listening to Vanilla Ice and passing eveyone on a pink bike.   May I tell you about the stencil movement?


This is Banksy, a British street artist with an international reputation.  His artwork is often satirical pieces of graffiti art based on politics, culture and ethics. Wiki said his identity is unknown... This is why I love View 2. You have to dig for these nuggets.   I can see how this influence is making it's way into fashion.  I see it tying into the militant vein of rough around the edges feelings. Who knows maybe everybody wants something more authentic.  Military font is not authentic though.  I think it is cool when you have strong rough edged text against a strong color palette like the "Danger Steps are Slippery and Steep".   What do you say?


Messy urban fabric seems to be this Banksy's canvas. The artist painted over all this grafitti. Clever! Do some mo!


I want to hang out with mysterious Banksy.  We could tag this really tough steel bridge on MC85. I have the perfect spot.

The could go on but you and I both know what I should be doing right now! 


No comments: