Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: She's Crafty, and She's Just My Type

Monday, March 8, 2010

She's Crafty, and She's Just My Type

That is me leaving the temple after I found Jin and the others. I reversed the black smoke and helped Jack find his true purpose.   My dilusional appearance on LOST.  Really now duckies!  The photo above is from View Textile Journal.  I am summoning Army Green, Hurt Locker and fragile textures mixed with rugged edges.

One word: Adventurer.  I love the white next to the Army Green. That is on fire if you ask me!  Yesterday it rained all day so I sewed like all day long.  Yes, even in my spare time, I sew. I cannot turn it off. Ever.  I hit the ground running Sunday morning.  I didn't have a clue what I was going to do.  I wanted something weird, cool and different. I wanted something artful like what I saw at Barneys on Friday.  If I could have brought

the camera into Barneys, you know I would have.
This is what I touched and held at Barneys last Friday accept in a green that looked like my old drafting board table cover kind of puky greenish but in a "i could learn to love this" kind of way. This is Alexander Wang.  The strap is made of these slinky metal chains.  I am so inspired!  The Lanvin bags were gorgeous too.  Oh yeah, back to hitting the ground running.


I went round and round with ideas, then I spotted some Army Green out of the corner of my Army Green eye. Jeffrey left his Old Navy pants with a million pockets in my work room. This meant, do what you want with them.  Check out what I did!


This was one of those "looked easier on paper projects".  I made a pencil skirt with Army Green cut outs.  I love the mix of militant meets fragile. It really works!


She's crafty, and she's just my type. Who sang that? 


I actually made this entire outfit in the course of one day! With lining might I add.  I whipped out the tee while watching the Academy Awards. I must say Robert Downey Jr. looked square and cute in his blue blow tie and blue tinted shades.  The jacket is real Army surplus.  Yes, the one I bought from Uncle Sam's in New York.  I know, I know I said I ordered the vest but this is what they sent. I called them up and and I'm like what is the deal with the coat, "What happened to my vest?" They were like "Ehhhhh buttaphuko  - Yo, you just cut da sleeves capich - Ehhhh!"  I can't cut the sleeves off.  I don't know. What do you think?   The skirt could be shorter. I am so modest.


I want to find more Army surplus stuff.  I am close to Luke Airforce Base. You can't see the detail I know.  The top photo I love. I want that Army tee with the hole in it and the bullet belt.  Semper Fi dudes!    More good news keeps flowing. I opened the box that arrived today to see my darling hardware prototypes for the toggle and grommet. They say SAM HARVEY!  I also bought some orange leather today. It is so Hermes! It is gorgeous! Now I am going to make a clutchy out of leather.  I will be in Sedona tomorrow to see my friend Kelly at Mii amo. I will pick up a kokopelli key chain for you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So talented you are!!

Devon said...

you're on fire! yowza! (i wish i had your motivation!)

Anonymous said...

everyone can get cool military @ www.armynavydeals.com . Use coupon 100 to receive an extra 10% off. Plus there is FREE Shipping.

Susan said...

Wow! That's so impressive. You're so talented! x