Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Stitch by Stitch

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stitch by Stitch


Making some progress on the top for my sweet photo shoot coming up!  I am channeling Mary Poppins as we speak. I love her you know.  I feel so awesome that I have something done today!  I was so nervous when I was cutting through my pin tucks *the bumped out stitch above* but my Bernina went right through it like a
 champ.

I am not done, so don't start with the "Is that your final?" questions. I have a pretty good idea that I am going to go with short crisp sleeves to modernize it a bit. I think for Spring, this will be great! The waist will be more slim fitting with a smart little tie that is on the way.




My ribbons don't line up exactly but I think overall - I rocked it. It has a silk charmuse lining. I am proud, can
 you tell!



I think I will add an orange zipper to the back. I think buttons would not only be lame but also lame. Going to make dinner and then go play some tennis with my crew!  More tomorrow.

3 comments:

E said...

it's very cool that you make all your stuff!

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

Sam Harvey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Harvey said...

Thanks for stopping by Erica. I certainly love what I do. When I am sewing I forget about everything. I kind of have to if I want it to turn out right. I like thinking about the next move in between the sewing too.