Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Gone Fishing to Cherry Tree Lane

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gone Fishing to Cherry Tree Lane


Hello my friend! Lots of good things are happening today! To start with, it looks like the articles of LLC have been finalized for our name change to SAM HARVEY. Whew! Can you imagine having to drum up another name now!  As you can see I have completed my skirt. I hope this helps seeing everything together. If this is your first time on the blog then here is the drill.
Blouse: SAM HARVEY, sewn by me Lara Serbin, skirt: SAM HARVEY pattern by Christine Jonson http://www.cjpatterns.com/, shoes: Christian Louboutin


Handbag: SAM HARVEY,  Cherry Tree Lane Bag $75.00 http://www.sam-harvey.com/ , sewn by my sewer Janis Van Vliet * bless this talented woman!*  This bag is not yet on the web site but if you call me I will take care of you.

Is this Spring Collection starting to make sense my friends? My Collection for Spring is about Mary Poppins with a modern edge influence from Alexander McQueen and Comme des Garcon.  The mood is one of ethereal charm mixed with modern detailing.


I was inspired by Comme des Garcons to use this lightweight sheer to give a softened look to the pencil skirt.  The look below is from http://www.style.com/ from Comme des Garcons Spring Collection 2009.


   The white ruffled petticoat is attached to the body like an armature to be honored from fashion's past. The nude sheath which is sewn impeccably, is a modern resolution to showcase the past in a modern layered effect. Look how one sleeve is folded up and the other is flared out. What do you think?



These are my sweet darts.  Let me tell you, it was not easy sewing with this material.

 

I made sure the darts were on separate layers so the dart would be very obvious as shown above.



This is my fortune from Pei Wei today.  Fishing for boutiques to carry my Collection.  I am going to be doing more than sewing my friend.  I am on a fishing expedition with all my gear. As Beastie Boys say, NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN...

No comments: