Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Cutting out my dress at 3am

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cutting out my dress at 3am

i knew i wasn't ready for bed last night. i was wide awake. i had cut out my pieces for a keyhole top and a pencil skirt.  this knit fabric from christine jonson is so cool, mostly black with green and white thin swirls.  i can't decide if i am going with short cap sleeves for mid length sleeves that go to the elbow.  i guess, i figured it out in my tossing and turning because the moment came when i said screw this - i am getting up and having some cheerios.  i went to work on marking the patterns, then realized i needed to cut 2 more pieces out for the top.  i had just enough fabric.  i love the moment when i keep moving the patter piece around trying to maximize the fabric. the pieces are ready for assembly. i want to finish my list of items so i can construct. joy is sewing especially when i am alone.

No comments: