Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Good Stuff Happening

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good Stuff Happening

Town of Buckeye invited me back again last night to present the Park and Ride project to the Chamber. I guess to the members who weren't there last time.  I decided to go for the British Airways look.

My nails are the bomb. I know.  I told you I was against being a slave to nails but these are like shellac.  I cut down branches with a saw and they didn't even chip.  You can't see very well but I wore my vintage Miriam Haskell necklace from the ....hmm don't know really know the year, forgot. It's old OK.


Guess what is different?  Yeah, I know it still looks like a bomb went off in my sewing room but notice the new IPAD!! *horns, dukes of hazard peel out with me jumping thru the window, snare drums,  kazoos*

I convinced Jeffrey I needed this so I can keep a running total on our finances. Complete with tazor shock APP when I go over the budget.  See my greasy finger prints that make the shape of the key board. It is SO SWEET!

The orange and blue bag is done. I am naming it the 'Katy' bag.  The first one goes out to Katy because she is so welcoming and true as the blue sky.  I appreciate her blog because she encourages her children to sit on big cushy chairs and read books to each other. What a concept huh?  Her family all works together on projects like canning tomatoes or working in their garden.  Really amazing woman this Katy is.  This bag is even hotter in person. TRUST ME!

Virtual bedtime story for tonight. It's pretty cool. We have access to any book at any time.  I think my first one will be Emily Dickenson. 

Lily specifically told me I couldn't use this photo.  Oh Lil!

6 comments:

pip a la chic said...

You look gorgeous Lara! you have such a beautiful smile!

Devon said...

you look smashing!! :)

i would love to have an ipad.. but i don't really know why i'd need one.. just to have one, i guess!

that bag is funkadelic!

Vix said...

You really are channeling the BA chic stewardess look. Fantastic nails and jewels, too but the news you've been invited back by the mayor really is the BOMB! xxx

Katy said...

You look wonderful! Your outfit is fantastic! Very professional and stylish! :) How wonderful they asked you to come!

Your Ipad is so neat! I think they look like so much fun. I have wanted one...but for no particular reason as I don't truly have a *need* for one! ;)

The bag is really beautiful and I am so humbled by your generosity and thoughtfulness. Thank you so much!

The pictures of your girls are darling! I think Emily Dickenson is a great place to start! :)

I hope you have an absolutely lovely weekend!

Sam Harvey said...

@pip - i can't wait to see what you post as you have been tagged by vix! go over the top!
@nen - i love this ipad! the fact that i can just download emily dickenson in the privacy of my own home is too much really!
@vix - i wasn't as nervous this time because it was last minute for the presentation. so now the park and ride is officially approved. really exciting times!
@katy - i love your comments! thank you! i am sending off your bag in about an hour. hello post office!

Oh, My Darling said...

Ooh, an iPad, how very fancy and awesome!