Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Metallic Blue in My Cupboard

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Metallic Blue in My Cupboard


Hi Duckie!  My new fixation is blue and gold OK. Done. Goodnight.

Ohhh, so you want to know what inspired me?  Well since my tummy is totally bloated from one too many tacos tonight, I will spill the blue.  This is going to be a good one tonight you know!

There should be a color wheel here but honestly, I have scanned enough so just look it up! Just trust me that blue is on the opposite side of the wheel from yellow.  Yellow and blue are almost complementary colors.  Well maybe it is orange but yellow is righ next door. Ok. I just ordered like hundreds of dollars worth of blue metallic vinyl so these decisions can be important you know!


This vinyl is so much prettier in person. It is a murky blue with a black undertone. This shade is totally hot right now!  Like it's too late to justify it right!


Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 Collection.  This is what I am talking about here.  For those that don't know McQueen, look him up on http://www.style.com/ to learn more.  He just killed himself about 3 weeks ago on the Thursday of the beginning of Fashion week. What a statement huh?  It is crazy that he is gone because everyone is going fu man chu over his creative mind! I don't get it? And here I am.


I just watched Coraline again with the family last week. Great job Burton! I love Coraline's blue hair and gold rain coat.  This combination sizzles!  The clutch body will be blue metallic and the chain is brass.  Oh breath deeply! I know! Crazy good... like this!  Look below!


Hey, if you wake up tomorrow and think, hmmm "I wonder what I should do today?".  Just buy some of these and send them to me. I will know you really love me then.  Don't even try to substitute with brands or any funny business like that. It has to be this.


First I started eating a few every time I went to Mom's pantry. She found out. Last weekend I came over and Mom handed me my own bag.  My bag is getting low. It takes about 25 to satisfy me for the day. They are a cross between dried cranberries... You know what, I am just going to stop now. There is nothing that compares. It is just sweet and sour perfection. Where was I. Oh yeah. Clutchies.


Blue represents an association to the blue sky and oreos which are a constant in our lives. These things will never go away. We count on the sky being blue everyday.  This is why so many banks and institutions and men use blue to tell everyone "Hey, I am going to be here for you, eternally.".


Blue Footed Boobies.  Curtesy of Eva's Ranger Rick subscription. Never know where I will find inspiration.


Still using my blue paper cup from Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain.


When Dr. Seuss mixes blue with lots of black scribble it does look murky and mysterious. What do you think? When is the last time you read a Dr. S book?


Here are the pieces for the 4 clutches that Janet and I are going to assemble for tomorrow.  Like the logos that I sewed on today? I am really stoked for tomorrow.  Janet is really talented and skilled.  She teaches others how to sew, so I am sure she will have some improvements from where I stand with my patterns. I will keep you posted my friend!  Let's end with a quote shall we?

So...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, you're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss

No comments: