Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain


This is where I was yesterday, yes, the Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain in Marana, Arizona.  I was taking a tour and dropping off a SAM HARVEY for Taylor at the Spa Boutique.  Fabulous!  It was a dream really!  This place was just open about a month ago.  It was pretty quiet, in that respect I felt like I was dreaming, like I had the whole place to myself.


Let me back up a bit. On my way there I stopped off at the Picacho DQ and found the Kit Carson coffee mug.  Do you ever crack yourself up? I actually laugh out loud when I am alone - quite often. Only some of you will get this I know. This is for you as promised!


All I need is the pink pill box hat.


I applaude the designer for having an Arizona library. The only problem is that the books are too high. Too showy.  A bit too too.


Here is the difference. This is the library at the Arizona Inn. The books are more accessible. You feel like you could actually curl up on the couch and read a book like Swiss Family Robinson with a nice cup of tea.  Yes, that is from experience babies!


The location for the Ritz is breath taking. This view is much better in person, trust me.  It is so hidden in the foothills it is impossible to even know it is there.  The name Marana has a whole new meaning for me now.

This the Spa building.  This boulder in a metal cage is really getting old out here in the west but ok, one more won't hurt I guess!


I thought it was cool how the architects used this cortin steel for the outdoor patios located at each Spa treatment room.


The designers did their homework because rusted steel shows up everywhere in downtown Tucson. This Ritz really is a Tucson Ritz.  I like that!


Oh yeah, this post is going to be long. But it is worth it! Just hang on a bit longer with me!  This is the Spa treatment rooms. I think it is awesome how the circulation is outdoors. I could just feel the heat in the summer inferno as I traipse from my body massage to the pool. 

Body deluge after the treatment. I know! I know!


This pool is only for Spa guests. Just sign me the hell up now!


Nobody was there!  Did I tell you some Alabama lady in the boutique thought I had an accent? She was a hoot.  She was afraid of rattle snakes. I told her they were all underground right now.


My next stop was Arizona Inn for lunch. I had Southwestern Grilled Cheese with black bean spread. I listened to some med. students jabber on and on and then some mature group gossiping about how their son was marrying into a hot mess.


Arizona Inn.  Still Number One in my book!  More tomorrow about how I found the arm bands!!!!

No comments: