Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Mr. Miyagi Made Me Do It

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mr. Miyagi Made Me Do It

My showing at Goodyear Marketplace is next Saturday!  I am going to take a different approach.  I am going to add some educational component to the display of my bags.  I so modestly think that my bags are so well crafted that people don't believe that I make them myself.  So...I am going to display each piece that goes into the assembly of a bag.  I found a giclee of one of my large paintings. I am going to paint over it solid gray and then adhere the pieces. I can just have this gorgoeus thing at  the booth. It is WAY better than having a big heap of crap in some corner.  I also promise to be more hospitable and speak in italics.  I will not sit or eat in my booth.  I have really good feelings about italics.  OK NOW I CAN'T STOP THE ITALICS DAMN IT ALL!

Finished bag.  Lot of pieces!  Crazy it you ponder.

Any takers for a full size poster of Mr. Miyagi?  Now don't laugh...just watched 1986 Karate Kid today. I refused to see it over the last 1000 years. When it first came out I thought it repulsive.  Now I can see me being karate kid with my tennis coach.   In terms of my tennis I am not sure what menial tasks like painting Miyagi's wood fence could translate into the perfect back hand.  Any suggestions?  My movement to engrain is more like an exaggerated whip tail motion.  The back of my hand should be kissing my cheek.  My face cheek. Gawd!  Totally... I want Mr. Myagi to be my tennis coach.

I wouldn't watch the newest 2010 version of Karate Kid if someone gave me front row ski lift tickets.  Now that movie looks like pure crap.   What, does he win the tournament by playing bi-polar wii karate. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



Can you think of any better options than painting over my painting?

3 comments:

thegirlhassparke said...

I think it is a great idea to show the different components that make your bag. It will definitely draw attention to your stand. And your right your bags are gorgeous. I still havent seen Karate kid :-S

Devon said...

definitely a good idea to show all of the component parts! your bags DO look very professional!

i used to love the original karate kid movies... but refuse to see the new one. total CRAP!

Anonymous said...

If you DONT want to watch Karate Kid, check out the 10 minute video Lara posted. It confirms how great movies were in the 80's.
I think this and Back to the Future with Michael J Fox were neck in neck for an academy award. Or was that part Deux.

J