Follow my blog with bloglovin Sam Harvey: Never Try to Go to Bed at 6:38

Friday, September 17, 2010

Never Try to Go to Bed at 6:38

Never try to go to sleep at 6:38pm.  I just couldn't keep my eyes open for Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix.  That's all I wanted tonight because I caught Eva's back to school cold.   As I was feverishly flinging covers on and off Enrique Iglesias "I Like It" was ravaging my brain.  I guess there could be worse nightmare songs.  Well actually it did get worse when my brain started mixing in All Night Long by Lionel Richie.  That was when I decided to get the hell out of bed.  I caught the ending when Voldemort was extricating himself from Harry's soul.  The ending scene with Harry wearing his evergreen v-neck sweater made me feel all better.  Ok it's not the ending scene but close enough.  Stop it now!

Where am I going with this?  I am just happy about orange and blue tonight really.  Jeffrey saw me piecing together some bags with bright blue vinyl and bright orange straps the other day and I remember him saying "I wouldn't cut too much of that out!".  I said, "Trust me." *famous words from me, that he has heard all too many times.*  Oh yeah, that is the tiniest kitten sitting on my work table. Nana bought it for Eva when we were eating Swedish panckakes in Kingston last Sunday.


I am seeing a re-occuring theme of orange and blue in a lot of my projects.  The photo above was taken when I toured the Eastman Cotton Gin in Buckeye, Arizona.  These fiberglass panels were installed I don't know when, but they became the catalyst for a color palette for the Park and Ride that Jeffrey and I are working on right now.  Jeffrey designed the shade canopies with their slight tilts and angles and I came up with adding the colored panels to the underside.  We make an amazing design duo Jeffrey and I. 

I love how the sky came out.  I remember watching the blue puddles drying not knowing how it would look. Lily just interrupted me to ask if hair grows while we sleep.  I told her yes and then she said "THAT'S CREEPY!" She is almost 7.


Tim has orange and blue doing their magical thing by his front door.  Did I mention how blue and orange are complimentary colors being on opposite ends of the color wheel?  I can't believe I am blogging with a fever and on Erev Yom Kippur.  That's love.


Karen Walker RTW  Spring 2011
I would have liked to be sitting next to White Lightning to see if this blue jacket was a shade brighter. WL's photo from the runway seemed so much better.  I showed this to Jeffrey and I know it gave my bag cuttings some credibility.


Ummm, who was talking about Bert and Mary orange and blue back in January?  Just sayin.

This was a cute car at the Edmonds muscle and hot rod car show last Sunday.  I love this trailer.  Ok, now you see where I came up with chrome plated bread box.  That door opens into a tiny cab with a thin mattress covered in a hand made quilt.


These dish towels need to be in that microscopic *totally ripped this off from Salinger* kitchen on wheels don't you think?  These were hand knitted and sent to me by my friend Katy.  Yes, she hand knit these just for me.  I want to make her an orange and blue bag and send it to her.  Thank you Katy for this thoughtful gesture.

It is 9:46pm and I am wide awake.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment :)

that watercolour painting is amazing! i do agree, love the sky.

Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

Oh, My Darling said...

I dunno, I'd say an Enrique song is probably at least on the top 10 of worst nightmare songs.

Vix said...

Enrique, Lionel and Potter...now you've really lost me there.
That kitty is cute and I've got a fair bit of vintage coral and turquoise jewellery, they do go together spiffingly well. xxx

glee said...

Sleeping too early indeed isn't a good idea. Unless otherwise if had been awake for more than 2 hours, I'm sure the body won't mind hitting bed by that time :)

Win a $75 gift certificate giveaway at Creative Fashion!

Red Boots said...

I love orange and blue together! So don't worry, it's not just your sleepy mind telling you it's a good combination!! x

Sam Harvey said...

vicki - i have to go paint another sky today. i am happy you approve of the blue puddles.
vix - i just love your comments all the time.
gleenn - how did i get so lucky to find you. your blog is amazing! i cannot figure out how to follow it though. let's keep in touch.
red boots - i agree, orange and blue is just so damn good.

Katy said...

I love how you have them hung up like that! Everything you see is *art*...I just love it! I am glad you like them. They are super not-exciting...but made *just for you*! :o)

That is soo incredibly kind of you to make me a bag...but the dish cloths are completely not as valuable as one of your bags! Please don't feel that you have to...I am truly glad you like my simple gift for you! :) And thank you for posting about it too...that was sweet of you! xo

Devon said...

thanks... now i've got All Night Long stuck in my head!
hahaha!